31 Days in pictures: Day Twelve

Day 12 - A picture of something you love. 

I have a lot of things and people I love. This is, however, one of my greatest loves.

“Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become.”

~C.S. Lewis
I love the written word. You can escape to far off lands, times, even worlds. You can learn to do anything on this planet from a book. You can find yourself or lose yourself in a book.
"Books are humanity in print" ~Barbara W. Tuchman

I love books in nearly every form. I don't believe in book burning, book banning, or book rebellions. I believe everyone who can read has been given a great gift. You can be so many things with a book. 



2 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

Funny we love the same thing, except you said it so much nicer. My goal for 2011 is to use my library more this year. However, hubby wanted to go shopping today, and guess what I bought. A Book! They just jump off the shelf and into my shopping cart.

Cat said...

I have the same problem Ann. Books call out to me. I have a weakness for little bookshops. You know te ones? They buy and sell used books. I love the smells, the feels, the whole atmosphere. I am a child of the techno age and love ebooks but physical books will always be in my life.

Post a Comment