31 Days in pictures: Day Seven

Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item.
Kissed by an Angel

I have many treasured things. I couldn't possibly pick one most treasured. This, however, is one of my most treasured items. It's a small angel figurine. Not anything really spectacular about it. There a dime a dozen at any what-not store. So why is this so treasured? I received this as a Christmas present from my oldest son when he was probably in the sixth grade. I know what you're thinking. It seems like something a kid that age would buy. Here's the catch. I receive this on Christmas morning without knowing when or how he got it. I was a little confused. I had a package under the tree from the boys that my mom had them buy. I just didn't know where this came from. He asked me if I liked it and I told him I did but wanted to know where he got it. He told me that a few weeks earlier we had been at our local Goodwill and while I was looking at somethings, he went and found this and sneaked over, paid for it and hit it bag and all in his pocket until he could hide it in the backseat of the car. I melted. He not only took his own money to buy me a gift but he took special care to surprise me. It's something that still gives me warm a fuzzys. It sets on my head board and holds my ring at night. The second most treasured item I have came from him as well. He gave me a hand made cross stained with a stain he made himself from wild berries. He always seems to know how to get me. What a blessing. 

**My most practical treasured item is my iPhone...yes, I'll confess. You usually can't find me without it. I can't help it I'm a geek! 

1 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

Wonderful son, how sweet of him.

I don't have an iPhone, but my phone goes where I go also. What did we do before cell phones.

When we got married 52 years ago, my phone was one that hung on the wall and you had to crank it to get the operator, she would make your call for you. I think it was a 12 party line, so when the phone rang you had to count the number of rings to see if it was for you. My ring was 4 short rings.

Post a Comment