31 Days in pictures: Day Thirty

Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss.

Ok this isnt a picture picture but I don't have a scanner and I realized I don't have a digital image of my Aunt Edith - my dad's sister, my  mom's best friend. Digital photography was only something from the Jetsons when she left us. My Aunt Edith was killed by a drunk driver 17 years ago. I miss her so much. She was a tiny woman full of life. I can still picture her with an Old Milwaukee's Best and a long Virginia Slim one in each hand. She had a hard life but seemed to be finding happiness when it was all taken away. I have forgiven the driver as much a my family my not understand but he too lost someone he cared deeply for. She was in his car when the accident happened. And yes they were both drinking. Forgiveness is what keeps me from falling apart inside. I miss her deeply and hate that she never got to meet her grandchildren but so happy I got to have her in my life. She forever made a mark on who I am. I love her so much and miss her even more. 

1 comments:

Regina said...

Sorry that I couldn't follow regularly, but when I get internet next week you won't get rid of me. I love your vivid memory of your aunt. It is special and I do believe that everyone impacts your character and molds who we become.

Post a Comment