31 Days in pictures: Day Seventeen

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently. 
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
Recently I caught my reflection in the mirror. I didn't like what I saw. Outside or inside. I've let myself become complacent in life. I've settled for what I have here and now. My life is good; don't get me wrong. I'm just standing still though. I'm not growing. Well, my rear is growing but that's another story. I have always had hopes and dreams. Desires. Plans. I've let them all not only set on the back burner but I put them on the top shelf of the pantry for another day. I let myself get comfy in being just here. I can't tell you a particular day but it hit me. I didn't like what I saw in the mirror. I'll turn 40 in 2012. I don't see it as old or a bad milestone. I hope that when that rolls around I can look in the mirror and smile. I want to be proud of what and where I am. 


2 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

Oh, Cat, 40 is so young, you have a lifetime ahead of you. I just turned 70, this past October, and I can truthfully say, you have a lifetime ahead of you. Enjoy it, and move ahead, take those dreams down off the pantry shelf, and start living them. Like the old saying says: Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today." It may be to late, tomorrow.

Cat said...

I know 40 is young,and I'm actually looking forward to it. I feel like each day I get a new life and i was taking it for granted before. Now I'm sucking it all up through both nostrils! =)

Post a Comment