A to Z Blogging Challenge 2012: V for Vendetta


Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Shall ever be forgot...

This little poem is recited in the film V for Vendetta but you may not know that this poem actually refers to a real event and person. Guy Fawkes attempted to blow up Parliament with barrels of gunpowder to over throw the government on November 5, 1605. You, however, have probably heard this recited in the film V for Vendetta. It's a dystopian view of the events of Guy Fawkes. V for Vendetta was actually a graphic novel before the movie came out in 2005.  I loved the movie and it's one of those that I watch periodically and love. I know the true story but know that this is a work of fiction but still pretty awesome. Not sure why, but I love a film or book that has you rooting for who essentially is the bad guy.  

There was some great acting in this one but the story line could fit in pretty much any society if you dig deep enough. Truthfully though, the reason I like it so much is that it was one of the first graphic novels that I thought translated very well into the movie genre. (Forgive me Batman)

If you ever get a chance , watch but watch it carefully and keep your mind open. It'll move you...even a little. 
Now for my "theme" of the A to Z Challenge:

Today's homophone...

veil (nown) a piece of opague or transparent material worn over the face for concealment.
For Example, No one was able to identify the strange woman with the black veil. 

vale  (noun) the world, or mortal or earthly life
For Example, This vale of tears.

vail (verb) To be of use or profit
For Example, She tried and tried to reach him by phone to no avail. 


Click  to be transported to a list of merry bloggers!

Happy Reading Everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the movie and the book make you think - and that is why you like it. Great job with the V vexing as it is.
http://www.billieawilliams.com

deathwriter said...

I enjoyed that movie. As my 8 year old son says, why are the bad guys always more interesting? Well, and have more cool stuff.
November 5 is a day that I will always remember. It's a turning point in my memoir.

Pamela

Post a Comment