A to Z Blogging Challenge 2012: Just

J is for JUST, as in just in time to make it for today's posting. Yes, I'm just now posting. It's 7:25 pm here up on the Ridge and I'm just now getting to this. I could make a million excuses but the truth is today I have been a big baby. I've sat around at work feeling sorry for myself and stressed and worried about every little thing. Let me explain. This week I started physical torture...I mean therapy. Many, many  moons ago, I did exactly what you aren't supposed to do when you hit black ice. That's right, I slammed on the brakes. I knew it was wrong then and still do to this day. My poor '77 Ford Fairmont and the huge mountainous rock I hit on the side of the hill weren't very happy. Neither was my neck. I had whiplash but being the young and dumb type there was no way I was going to wear that ridiculous collar. (FYI: I love my collar these days). Long story short (as if I could make a short story), after years of throwing my neck out or having in lock up, my neck has won this battle. Since my arms now fall asleep when I do and I can't look to the left without doing the big foot shuffle (you know the one, where you turn your entire upper body around to see to the left) and I'm in pain on a daily basis, I gave in and agreed to the whole MRI and PT thing. Diagnosis: moderate to severe arthritis between my C5 and C6 vertebra which apparently the nerves that run down each arm lay between these two lovely bones. All this equals...I've been in pain and limited range of motion for far too long. SOOOO today was my second trip to therapy. All I can say is I now understand what they mean by No Pain No Gain. It's going to be a bumpy ride. I tell you all this to explain why I am posting so late in the day. Hopefully if you're reading this on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 you're not on Eastern time! And that is all I'll put you through today...

And that is my Just in time posting!

Now for my "theme" of the A to Z Challenge:

Today's homophone...


Jinks (noun) prankish or frolicsome activity.
For example: May bloggers created high jinks and mischief on April Fool's Day for their postings. 

Jinx (verb) to bring bad luck to; place a jinx on.
For example: Many writers keep their work's title a secret for fear that it would jinx the project. 


Click  to be transported to a list of merry bloggers!

Happy reading! 

5 comments:

ShaunaKelleyWrites said...

Good luck with therapy! I know it is so hard when something hurts that much and you not only have to go see someone who makes you move it (and makes it hurt more), you have to PAY them for it. But it is worth it in the end!

Cat said...

Ain't that the truth! Ha! Ha! I'm going to stick with it. I like the idea of full range motion. That's better than a night spent with neck rub or a heating pad. lol

Jessica Marcarelli said...

I performed a "just in time" post today, as well, and for one of the same reasons - feeling sorry for myself. Just for other reasons and not physical therapy. :)

Jessica
A to Z Blogger & SF/Fantasy Writer @ Visions of Other Worlds

KarenRodriguez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KarenRodriguez said...

Therapy helps in pain management. It also promotes body strength, function and mobility and prevent future physical injury. Moreover, it improves physical and neurological disabilities and rehabilitation.

chiropractor perth

Post a Comment