A to Z Blogging Challenge 2012: Give me a C!

What is Day 3 of the A to Z Challenge? Give me a C!!! Yes that right. Give me a C! For today's post I only have one thing I can post about. Help me out here: 

Give me a:
 C
Give me an:
A
Give me a:
T
Give me a:
S
What does it spell? 
WINNERS!!!

That's right! I'm talking about basketball, the University of Kentucky. It's a requirement to be a citizen of Kentucky you must pull for University of Kentucky's Wildcats.  I, at one point was pulling for University of Louisville but Kentucky beat them out so, as required by law, I donned my Kentucky Blue (or the nearest I could find in my closet) and held my head high to cheer on the symbol for Kentucky to the rest of the nation. Let's face it. Kentucky doesn't have much to offer the world (except a butt load of very talented actors but that's another post) so when it comes to our basketball, we go insane. Furniture will burn. People will fight. But no matter what...for the hour and half that the game is going on, we, the citizens of Kentucky will find peace on earth...goodwill to anyone in blue...and shut down the entire state just to root on our Kentucky Wildcats.  

Having won their 8th NCAA Championship - this state is in celebration mode!
Way to go Cats!

Now for my "theme" of the A to Z Challenge:

Today's homophone...

Current: (adjective) passing in time; belonging to the time actually passing.
For example:  Google Reader helps bloggers keep current on all the latest posts. 

Currant: (noun) A small seedless raisin/fruit from wild or cultivated shrubs of the genus Ribes.
For example: Wow! I never knew there was a blog that was all about delicious currants from California. 


Click  to be transported to a list of merry bloggers!

Happy reading! 

3 comments:

Dani said...

You sure love UK! Keep it up! Gooooo spirit!

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

Gooooooo CATS!
dreamweaver

shelly said...

Smiles to you, Cat!

Shelly
http://secondhandshoesnovel.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment