A to Z Blogging Challenge 2012: New layout & Ninjas

Happy Monday, Everyone! If you're stopping by for the first time on tour of the A to Z Blogging Challenge, welcome to my blog. I hope you are enjoying the challenge. If you're a regular or a subscriber, welcome back. You may notice a few changes (the old three column layout has gone away). Day after day of the same ol' layout got me thinking how small and junked up the old one was. I spent a good part of Sunday looking through designs and templates, trying to find the right "face" for my little piece of real estate. I think I final found one I can live with (at least for the rest of the challenge). After some tweaking and CSS and XHTML code rewriting, it's all ready for my adoring fans. (You two know who you are).  

I'm not sure why but this past year or so I've been giddy over ninjas. I even have a tiny ninja in my desk at work. No one else at work sees the humor in my tiny drawer ninja but he puts a smile on my face so it's all good. While we're on the subject of ninjas, I want to share a site for a webcomic by a talented young lady (and geek extraordinaire) by the name of Jenny M. Stead. Here webcomic, Ninja'd is cute story about an artist trying to find her place in the world when some of her characters come together to try to help her. Needless to say mayhem ensues. 

I won't go into the characters themselves in this post but I will go into a little about Jenny M. Stead. She's quite talented and I recently got to meet her at the first ever Lexington Comiccon in Lexington, Kentucky. Her personality matches her characters to a T! She's a bubbly firecracker in a tiny little package with a smile that makes instantly like her. She open's her mouth and starts talking no matter what the subject matter, (one particular conversation went into great detail about who Joss Wedon may kill off in the Avenger's), her entire aura lights up and pulls you into her bubbly little world. It was such a pleasure to talk with her. Jenny not only does this great webcomic (which are also available in print at her online store) but she also does freelance work. You can checkout some of her work at both deviantArt and cargocollective.com/jennymstead

Take a second or two to check out some of her work. It's worth the time. Drop her a line and let her know how great she's doing. Who knows! You might just find she could create something amazing for your blog or site. 

Now for my "theme" of the A to Z Challenge:

Today's homophone...

Neigh (verb) to utter the cry of a horse; whinny
For example: The colt let out a weak neigh as he searched for his mother in the cool mist of the morning rain. 

Nay (noun) a negative vote or voter.
For example: The people of the small county were ready for change. Not one nay vote was cast to lift the alcohol ban. 

Click  to be transported to a list of merry bloggers!
Have a great Monday and Happy Reading Everyone!

1 comments:

judysnwnotes said...

Still enjoying stopping by to view your blog -- and today, wonderful surprise! I like your new layout. Did it really take techie-smarts, extra tweaking? SIGH - mine may never change. BUT YOU did good!

Post a Comment