A to Z Blogging Challenge 2012: Problems. Ponderings. Pointlessness. Possibilities.

Pretend that the world is just as you would like it. Seems perfect doesn't it? Maybe not though. If you think about it the only reason we truly appreciate those big (and small) victories in life is because of the path to get to them. I keep telling myself this. Myself doesn't like to hear that but it's true. All the struggles we go through everyday, from the smallest one to the largest one to the one we can't seem to conquer the way we think it should, makes who we are. By the way, the ones we don't think we've conquered, or that we think conquered us, even they shape who we are. Sometimes we lose the battle but it strengthens us for the war. Although I don't want to refer to life as a war. Life is a path. Some may have lush green paths to walk in while your path seems bare and plan but until you've walked in their path you might not be aware that they are barefoot or that they have really uncomfortable shoes to walk in. I suppose it all goes back to the old saying "the grass is always greener on the other side". Well, I like the new one that's out there, "If the grass looks greener on the other side, it just means they're taking better care of their lawn". That's it! We have to tend to our own lawns, our own pathways, our own lives. I'm not saying that we don't help our fellow man (or woman). I'm simply saying that we can not compare our lives to anyone else's. We are each unique creatures with our own sets of gifts and faults. Each of those shape who we are. Today on Facebook I posted, "Keep it coming at me. If it doesn't break me, it's going to make me. What that is I have no idea yet!" And that's how I feel lately. No one can make my situation any easier or any more difficult if I don't let them. I have to learn to take each thing thrown at me in life one thing at time. That may mean I have to put something else to the side or that might mean I have to let some things go. Either way this is my journey and I'm the only one that can walk it. I can't take over someone else's path and I can't have someone take over mine. I can, however, have friends and family to support me along the way but all in all, it comes down to me (and for me also my Creator known as God). This is me. Pondering the problems of my life and looking at the possibilities instead of the pointlessness. All these things in my life will make me a better person. Will it make me grow? Sure. Will it make me break at some point? Definitely. Will it kill me? No. I'll be the person I'm going to be but only through each step I take on my very own path. 

I know I promised no more personal ramblings but as my favorite blog supporter reminded me yesterday, these are things that make me, me. I'm not going to change one little thing to impress anyone else. I hope you like them but if not, no offense, but my path will go on, my world will keep spinning, and all will be right in the world. Thanks Shelly! I needed that. 

Now for my "theme" of the A to Z Challenge:

Today's homophone...

Passed (adjective) having completed the act of passing
For example: Ginger was finally going to get her big promotion after she had passed all the exams. 

Past (adjective) gone by or elapsed in time.
For example, The planes arrival time had past and she stood alone at the gate with no one there to get her. 

Click  to be transported to a list of merry bloggers!

Happy Reading Everyone!

2 comments:

Mummygadgetgeek said...

Ponderings are always good. Life would be pretty boring if everything went the way you planned it.

I enjoyed reading your post, hope you are having fun with the whole A to Z thing!

Sylvia said...

I am very good at ponderings. They take me on a road to new ideas and new undertakings. It is, to me, a gentle form of perusing your mind.

Greetings from the A to Z trail,
Sylvia @ Playful Creative

Post a Comment