A to Z Blogging Challenge 2012: Maybe


The second week of the challenge has come to a close. We've made it almost halfway through. YIPPY! I hope everyone is having fun and getting into a rhythm. Today I want to share some of my poetry. I don't consider myself a poet but from time to time something simply sings into my head until I give it life; thus, a poem is born. This I jotted down while administering the ACT testing. Long story short: I rattled of M words thinking of a theme and I kept telling myself "maybe you could do this" or "maybe you could do that". Well, Maybe Today was born. It's rough but I hope you enjoy. I'm sure, knowing me I'll tweak it a million times and still look to improve it. I'm trying to learn to share the poetry so I can learn and grow with it. Enjoy. Please let me know what you think...either comment or send me a message. Positive or negative. Constructive input is always welcomed. (And don't worry, I'm not quitting my day job)


Maybe Today -by Catherine Russell

Maybe today I'll get out of bed
Stretch my bones and scratch my head

Maybe today I'll make my move
Step to the right and find my groove.

Maybe today I'll find my calling
Instead of always tripping and falling.

Maybe today I'll find a cure
For all the evils that might occur.

Maybe today my words will come
And all the walls will be undone.

Maybe today my mind will free
those bits of darkness trapped in me. 

Maybe today my heart will beat
strong enough to move these feet.

Maybe today I'll find the motivation 
to free my soul from captivation.

Maybe today I'll see the sun
And remember the days filled with fun.

Maybe today I'll see my reflection
And gaze upon that creamy complextion.

Maybe today I'll remember it's all a gift
And let my mind escape this rift.

Maybe today I'll release a smile
And let the others ponder for a while

Maybe today I'll feel his love
Wrapping me tightly like a warm silk glove.

Maybe today I'll just sit here alone
and think of things I should've done.

Maybe today I'll simply blend
Watching the trees as they sway in the wind.

Maybe today I'll breath in deep
And all my hidden secrets I shall keep.

Maybe today I'll find a surprise
And guard it well behind these eyes. 

Maybe today I'll open my heart
And begin to play my living part.

Maybe today I'll find my light
Maybe, just maybe I might. 

(sole property of author. May not be reproduced without expressed written consent of author)


Now for my "theme" of the A to Z Challenge:

Today's homophone...

Mourning (noun) the conventional manifestation of sorrow or lamentation.
For example: Many bloggers find themselves in a state of mourning after the April blogging challenge is over. 

Morning (noun) the first part or period of the day, extending from dawn or from midnight, to noon. 
For example: When early light creeps into the kitchen from the east, I know that mourning has come to say hello. 

Click  to be transported to a list of merry bloggers!

Happy reading! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment