A to Z Blogging Challenge 2012: IMDB


IMDb: Internet Movie Database .

I love this website. If you are a movie junkie or simply can't remember the name of an actor in a film or the name of the film but no the actor or actress, it's the best place to go to find out. I've not stumbled on anything that I can think of that isn't listed. I even have the app for my Android so I can look things up on the go. One of my favorite features allows you to look up specific episodes of a series and find a listing for goofs, trivia about the episode and some of the best quotes from the show. This goes for movies as well. For example in Forrest Gump one of the trivia posts states: During the ping-pong matches, there was no ball; it was entirely CGI, animated to meet the actors' paddles. I love watching movies and knowing some of the behind the scene things. I also like the features like movie trailers and notifications of new releases. I have mine set to notify me when it gets close for a movie I've been waiting for to be released and you can see where all the movies landed at the box office. There's many more features like community boards, contributor sections, movie news, and of course, what the movie is about and a little background for the actors. Even movies that are just in beginning stages have information listed even if it's just rumored. Check it out sometime if you haven't already. But be prepared to be addicted!

Now for my "theme" of the A to Z Challenge:

Today's homophone...

Its (possessive adjective) belonging to someone or something 
For example: A blog needs to protect its content

It's (contraction) short form of "it is"
For example: It's going to be a fun month of blogging in the A to Z Blogging Challenge. 


Click  to be transported to a list of merry bloggers!

Happy reading! 

5 comments:

Katie said...

I use the IMDB app at least once a day! I use it more than I use my phone for, I don't know, calling people!

Cat said...

That's to funny! I think I do that too. I guess we should call our phones our IMDb device. ha! ha!

ShaunaKelleyWrites said...

IMDB saves me from the pesky "who IS that?" feeling at least once a week! Love it.

shelly said...

I walk to the Red Box.

Grammy said...

Way Cool! I wrote that down so I could have it. Thank you ever so much! One of the things my husband and I used to do (he is passed on) was to get into conversations about who a particular actor was when we were watching movies. It would have been great to have had that reference. ;)
I am visiting as many of the challenge blogs as I can this month. Best regards to you, Ruby

Post a Comment