Teaser Tuesday (March 1)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I'm a little poky today getting my teaser up. I'm medicated and not ashamed of it. Mostly because I can breath for the first time in a week. Although the room is a little Alice in Wonderlandish with some really weird head games going on. How anyone could be a functioning drug addict is beyond me. Decongestants and antibiotics are more than I can handle. Just so you know, I have a viral Upper Respiratory Infection and apparently it's a nasty one. I seemed to have contracted it through my incision in my gum during my recent dental nightmare. Yay me once again. On any account I'm still working my way through Shutter Island. Awesome so far. I should finish it up tomorrow. I've never read this author but I foresee me digging for some more of his works. Not to graphic although the language can be a little strong but sparcly and it is well within context. Basically, when he uses it, it's for dramatic effect and it does fit.  Anywho, here's my TT: 
Shutter Island
"She said once that time is nothing to me but a series of bookmarks that I use to jump back and forth through the text of my life, returning again and again to the events that mark me, in the eyes of my more astute colleagues, as bearing all the charcteristics of the classic melancholic."~ Page 1 Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane

I'm really enjoying this book. As I said last week, I haven't seen the movie. I'm almost afraid to now. It's such a great read, I can't see how the movie can hold up to it. 


Now it your turn. PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your two ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks:D


4 comments:

Kristin said...

Great teaser!! I really enjoyed the movie, although I'm sure it's nowhere near as good as the book...they never are!!

;) Kristin

SunnyReads said...

Wow, sounds great! I haven't seen the movie either, but that quote was very interesting!

Here's mine:
http://sunnyreads.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-red-seas-under-red-skies.html

Veronica said...

Hey thanks for commenting and I heard the book was different from the book? I didn't read it but i saw the movie, it was twisted.. haha i don't know how else to describe it.

Gigi Ann said...

I don't think this is my genre, but, I'm glad you are enjoying it. I hope you will soon be feeling better. I know what you mean about the drug comment. I often wonder the same thing. Thanks for visiting my TT today.

Post a Comment