Musing Mondays (3/21/11)

Musing Mondays is a bookish meme hosted by MizB on Should be reading.
This week’s musing asks…
What is the last book you bought? Was it for you? for someone else? Have you read it, yet?
"This Side of the Grave" by Jeaniene Frost
"The ME Project" by Kathi Lipp
"Roseflower Creek" by Jackie Lee Miles
"The Fred Factor" by Mark Sanborn

These are the only one's I've bought and I've been selfish because they're all for me. Well, maybe not The Fred Factor. It's not just for me. It's for everyone in my office. They won't read it but hopefully I can lead by example. Making the ordinary extraordinary!  I've received a bunch of books for review so I've kind of put off buying books. I figure by the time I get to actually read something else what I want will be marked down. BTW: I've completed This side of the Grave but haven't started the others yet. 

I'm thinking of holding off on buying the next BDB book on presale because JR Ward will be holding a book signing in a couple of weeks only 2 hours away from my home. You have to understand I live in the country...God's country. There are no major cultural events near me and for one of my favorite authors to be in driving distance is like the Comicon of the country! I'm thinking it would be worth the drive even if it is just for a book, oh, and a chance to meet one of my favorite bad girl authors. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll be mapping it out and hitting the road. 

Happy reading everyone! 

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your answer in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks! :D

8 comments:

caite said...

as many books as I have received for review, I am sometimes still forced to buy another one...or two or three.
It is a sickness..lol

Hannah said...

I just read This Side of the Grave a few weeks ago, it was fantastic!

I wish I had the self control to not buy new books when I have plenty of review books, but I'm hopeless in that!

gautami tripathy said...

I am going to look it up!

Look forward to read your reviews!

Here is my Monday: Mailbox/What Are You Reading?/Musings post!

Gigi Ann said...

I buy my own books, unless I borrow from the Library. I have received one from Reading It Forward, but there is no time line as when I have to read it.

Thanks for the visit to My Reading Corner today.

Unknown said...

I'm going to check these out

Here's mine:

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weeks-musings-what-is-last-book.html#comments

Tami @ ThisMomsDelight.com said...

The ME Project looks interesting. I've shared my Musing Monday on my blog.

Hope said...

I have just ordered The ME Project book! I can't wait to get it and start this as well!

Anonymous said...

Those are all new to me. I'll have to check them out.

You can see my MM HERE

Post a Comment