A to Z Blogging Challenge 2011: W



*The following is part of the A to Z Blogging Challenge 2011*



Today's post is brought to you by the letter W....What A Wonderful World!


I love this song. I've asked that this along with Amazing Grace be played at my funeral. This song is so often used as a sad song but to me it's not. It's the most hopefully song I've ever heard. Look at the lyrics and tell me you don't see hope: 

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I love you.

I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world.


I wish everyone could hear this song through hopeful ears. We need more hope and visions of the world through this kind of positive view point. I think we live in a wonderful world and while I wish we could fix a lot of things, I'm so thankful to be blessed to be put upon this earth to witness the trees of green, the babies crying, and friends saying I love with a how do you do. 
Thank you Louis Armstrong for putting that voice to such a powerful reminder to be thankful what we've been blessed with.

2 comments:

lojo said...

completely agree with you! it's all good!!!! and everything is beautiful!!!

FilmMattic said...

Oh, I love this song. Terrific choice. It's so beautiful and Louis Armstrong, even though he is well before my time, is a person I still listen to when I need that musical encouragement.

Post a Comment