A to Z Blogging Challenge 2011: M

*The following is part of the A to Z Blogging Challenge 2011*


Today's post is brought to you by the letter M...as in Meltdown.

Mental Meltdown! We all have them from time to time. Life gets so busy and we take on more things than our minds can handle it. Work, kids, family, friends, community service, personal hobbies, sports, entertainment, bills, household responsibilities, and more and more and more and more. Until one day we just either explode or melt down.  I'm a meltdown girl myself. About once every six months I drop...I mean completely drop. Usually I'm able to plan it...yes, I'm that anal I plan my mental breakdowns. Seriously, though I usually have a Saturday that I won't or can't do anything but barely eat and sleep. I think we all have them. At least, I'm telling myself that so that I don't think I'm any weirder than I already do. I'll spend a Saturday napping, reading, watching stupid TV shows or just staring off into space without any real thoughts going on in that head of mine. Before you jump to conclusions like I need to get some professional help, let me just add that after one of these meltdown Saturdays I have a good six months of high energy go-getter energy. It's really worth losing one productive day for half a year of productive, creative, and enjoyable time. If you haven't allowed yourself to have one of these mental meltdowns, I highly recommend it. 

4 comments:

shelly said...

Know what you mean. And nah, you're no weirder than me.

Regina said...

I could use a good old fashioned melt down if I only had time to have the one I deserve. lol I shall just breath instead.

Dory said it best. "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming!"

Ju Dimello said...

I guess that's needed for refilling the well too! Only thing is, I know a couple of my friends who have these "meltdown"s every weekend ;) Thats the only flip side to it...it is addictive ;) :P

Following you from A-Z challenge!

Author Joshua Hoyt said...

That is just you re-energizing and recharging the batteries :)

Post a Comment