A to Z Blogging Challenge 2011: B

*The following is part of the A to Z Blogging Challenge 2011*


They were all BLUE
By Catherine Russell

They were all blue.
Born they were. 
They were all blue.
Whimpering they were.
They were all blue.
Plump and round they were.
They were all blue.
Healthy they were.
They were all blue.
Hungry they were.
They were all blue.
Nuzzling closely they were.
They were all blue.
Suckling deeply they were.
They were all blue.
Ticked and spotted they were.
They were all blue.
Just like mama they were.
They were all blue.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In case you're completely lost, this is what the poem is about.

Blue tick hound pups!

No my confession. I've had to write poetry this semester to please my professor who loves poetry. I am not a poet. Give me prose. Give me short story. Give me dramatic monologue. Heck, give me a research paper. I'm happy. I can write the pants off of it. Give me poetry? You get this. 
(This was by the way the best I could give. Don't worry, the world is safe from my poet's pen. I have retired it with the promise to never inflict this much poetic pain on the world again ha! ha! ) 



6 comments:

Regina said...

This is a wonderful poem and the puppies are so adorable.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Wonderful poem! I'm glad you showed the picture, altho even without it I enjoyed wondering what was all blue.

New follower here, nice to meet you!

KarenG

Unknown said...

Great emotional impact, whether you are a poet or not.

Marjorie said...

I was sure it was dogs! I, myself love to write poetry. Poetry was my first love at 10 years old.

Monica said...

A wonderful poem and the little puppies are adorable!!
Found you from the A-Z Challenge, looks like it’s going to be a lot of fun, with maybe with a little bit of stress thrown in!! I’m now following you on GFC and I hope you have a chance to check out my blog!
Monica
http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Oh that is really cute! And a cute photo too.
PS. I'm not much of a poet either!

Post a Comment