I'm reading a book

My sons have recently introduced me to Julian Smith. He has his funny moments. He has his WTF moments. Overall, I like him. He’s quite funny. The boys played this song for me below and said the video is me to the T. I laughed but they’re right. 



Those of us who are die hard book readers take reading to a whole new level most of the time. Interrupting us can be equated to interrupting brain surgery. We take our books very seriously. For me reading is like mental time travel. I allow myself to be transported to this alternate world, this different time, this new place, this vacation of the synapsis. I don’t want the real world invading my peaceful escape…or to steal a term from one of my favorite paranormal book sites, a Literary Escapism. Don’t tear me away from this small piece of heaven.  What happens if someone dares to interrupt me?  I’m pretty much like Julian is in this video…at least momentarily until I mentally adjust my mind to the quantum leap it has just made from my escape to the fictious worlds of the pages back to the humdrum life in reality. I ask for forgiveness to anyone I’ve snapped at in the past, present or future…however, just be warned that if there is a book or Kindle within my eye sight…interrupt at your own risk because…I’M READING A BOOK!


Happy Reading!
Cat
Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

shelly said...

I'm the same. Good post!

Post a Comment