750word.com

The Artist's WayThanks to a friend's Facebook post, I discovered a cool writing site called 750words.com. What is 750words.com you ask? So glad you asked because that's why I'm posting about it. It's a website that encourages you to type 750 words a day...the equivalent to 3 pages of writing a day. It's based on a book called The Artist's Way which basically says you should write about 3 pages a day preferably first thing the morning. The concept is that you'll purge all the stuff in your head that needs to get out in order for you to have a productive and creative mindset the rest of the day. 750words.com  is from the maker of 43Things.com , a site dedicated to listing the things you want to do in life and linking you with others who have the same goal and even lets you tell how you reached those goals. Below is what happens when you finish. You get a nice, neat little package of what mindset you were in, what your thoughts were geared around, and much more. There's a detailed breakdown on your word usage and the type of feelings or mindsets they suggest you're in. If nothing else? It's a great indicator of how you're projecting. 


I'm not sure how far I'll go with this but I like the concept. It's kind of an accountability system. Your word count is tabulated at the bottom of the screen and your work is private. You can set it to share but I chose to keep my words to myself...at least, for now. 

I'm sure there's other sites like this but it was the first I found and it was free...at least for now. Have you found any like this? Let me know. I love playing with online toys! 



2 comments:

Author Joshua Hoyt said...

Sounds like an interesting idea. I'll have to look into it:)

Cat said...

Thanks Josh. It's an interesting concept but I'm not sure how long I'll follow through with it. I like that it breaks down the mood you're in. I sometimes get lost in my writing and don't think about where I'm at emotionally. When I go back to work on it later it sometimes becomes difficult to find my way back to that emotional point. This could possibly help with that.

Post a Comment