Biting off more than we can chew

Yep. I've done it again. I've bitten off more than I can even put in my mouth let alone chew. I am taking an intersession Developmental Psychology class. If you aren't familiar with intersession courses let me try to explain. They're classes that insane people think they can accomplish. It's a 16 weeks worth of class work crammed into 4 fun fast paced weeks of hell. Yes I said hell because that's what it feels like. I have never been one of the people who was afforded the slacker professor who modifies the work so that you can just slide through the 4 weeks with no stress. No, I've always had the one that packs every last tid bit of info into the session. Giving me my money's worth. This is no exception. I think this professor even packed in a few extra bits of knowledge just for fun. I've spent the past two days pouring of the development of young minds and raising a virtual child. (Yes, you read that right. A virtual child - That's a topic for another post though). Just as I was 2/3 of the way through my online test my work computer (the College's work computer) jumped off line...jumped, ran, skipped, vanished, whatever you want to call it...I didn't finish my test. I can't get it rest and now after a mental and semi-physical meltdown (post it notes really don't get good distance as a single sheet), I've decided no to sweat the small stuff. I failed the first test. Big deal. It's only a failure if I don't learn from it. I'm learning. What you ask? Not to wait until 2 hours before the testing window closes to take the dang test. Oh well. Se La Vi! Life goes on. I have faith that I'll survive this calls and live to stress another day. 

No that I've left you with all that useless knowledge about my present state, let me just say that during the next 3 weeks I won't be getting through my Review reads. At least, I won't be posting the reviews here until after my temporary insanity has been completed. I'm working through quite the stack but I promise to have them posted as soon as humanly possible. Thank you for your patience! 

4 comments:

shelly said...

Good luck with all your stuff. Sounds like what I do. Taking on more than I can handle.

Cat said...

Thanks Shelly! I think we all tend to bite off more than we can chew but that's what makes us who we are, right?

Gigi Ann said...

O.K. Sorry about the two deleted comments. Blogger is giving me a run for my money. First it won't post the comment, then I thought it posted three of the same comment. so I deleted two, my mistake, It must of posted one comment two times instead of three. Anyway, don't worry, be happy.

Cat said...

Thank you Gigi Ann. Blogger's been a fickle foe lately. Most times I can have to search around for it just to get to my Dashboard.

Anyway, thank you for the encouragement. I'm usually the perky one. The ray of sunshine that brings the happy moments to everyone. I suppose I just get overwhelmed from time to time. I'm needing my ray of sunshine refilled. But it will come. Thanks for the multiple attempts to cheer me up. I know it was frustrating but it shows me you care. Thanks. Have a safe weekend!

Post a Comment