Teaser Tuesday 2/22/11

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Shutter Island


"A little? She used the exact same words Cawley used in some cases. When we asked what the topic was about in group, she paused and then she said 'anger management?' Like she wasn't sure. Like she was taking a quiz and she'd spent last night cramming."~Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane

This was a freebie book on Kindle but it's been a great read so far. I can't put my finger on what's going to happen. I didn't see the movie but those who have tell me if the book is anything like the movie, I'm in for a huge surprise at the end. I love books like this. 


Now it your turn. PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your two ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks:D


10 comments:

Jennifer said...

I really, really enjoyed this book. Have a fantastic time. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesdays-the-devils-star.html

Gigi Ann said...

I haven't seen this book before, sounds interesting. Happy Reading.

Wendi said...

Another book I didn't know about... just knew about the movie. Great teaser!!

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Kaye said...

I've heard this is one of Lehane's best. Enjoy the ending. Have a great week and happy reading! Here is my Teaser

Belinda said...

I never saw the movie but it looksw like a great book!
You can find mine at The Bookish Snob

CHRISTIE said...

I’ve heard this is a good one. I have it on my massive TBR pile :)

gautami tripathy said...

Your teaser makes me wish to look out for this novel!

Here is my Teaser Tuesday: Silent Partner by Jennifer Chase post!

Sally said...

I love Dennis Lehanes other books but I haven't read this one yet.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday-7.html

Anonymous said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday-shes-all-that.html

Marg said...

I haven't read this book or seen the movie!

Here is my teaser for this week.

Post a Comment