Happy Kindle...Birthday to me!

After months, years, a life time even, I have finally arrived in my polymath world of technology, book nerd, and frugalness. Yes, my Kindle finally arrived this week. Yay me! It’s a birthday present to me from me. Here’s the really cool part. I’m frugal aka cheap. I have to be but don’t we all this day and time? I’ve wanted one of these for a very long time but could not justify the price for something so frivolous. However, being the web surfer I am (more accurately, being the Amazon freebie page surfer that I am) I discovered that Amazon has a trade-in program. You can trade in used textbooks and even some leisure books for set prices. I dug through my stack of old textbooks and started to put them into the search bar and the first one listed for $60. SIXTY BUCKS?!?!??!?! Long story short, after a few weeks of going through books that were collecting dust on my shelf for quite some time, I traded in enough books to buy my Kindle. Again, happy Birthday to me! I’ve had a ball with it and my favorite feature has been the dictionary application that allows you to look up words as you read. I think the public school system could really use something like this. Now I no longer have to struggle to read on my iPhone with my Kindle app. I love the e-ink and the feel of the device in my hand. I’m a long standing lover of paper books. The feel. The smell. The legacy books have. The Kindle’s e-ink technology makes it so easy to forget you are holding a digital device. I actually became so engrossed in a book that I began to turn the page only to discover there was no “page” to turn. I’m very happy with my Kindle and it was well worth the wait. Now to read through the 160 books I’ve downloaded via the Kindle freebie pages.

1 comments:

Regina said...

Before long the schools will probably have something like this with the books for the school year preloaded on them when you pay the book registration fee. I myself have a Nook, but I bought it for me for my birthday like you. Enjoy it! You deserve it.

Post a Comment