Booking Through Thursday

Another meme I like to read and decided to join in on (even if it's late in the day...like almost tomorrow) I following it on Should Be Reading I'm not really sure where it originates from but here we go.

All other things being equal–do you prefer used books? Or new books? (The physical speciman, that is, not the title.) Does your preference differentiate between a standard kind of used book, and a pristine, leather-bound copy?


I love old books. Leather bound books of any kind draw me to them. I love the feel the smell. The history contained in the book itself...not the words so much but what the book itself has gone through. As far as reading a book for the book's content I don't really care. I love old books for their aesthetic feel. When it comes down to it though as long as I can read the words, I'll take it new or old. If I love the book and want to keep it for future reading I love hardback books for the sturdiness. All in all though it doesn't matter to me as long as I can see the words and feel the pages.  


Now if you want to, leave me a link to your answer.

Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

I agree with you, as long as the pages are all there, and they aren't dirty, and smell bad, I don't care if they are new, used or whatever. Happy Reading...

Post a Comment