31 Days in Pictures 2012: Day Seven




Day Seven 2012: 
A picture of Your Most Treasured Item. 


I have many things I treasure. My Children, my Bible, my home, my Jeep, my job, my Laptop, my dishwasher, my microwave, my Netflix, my cellphone, etc. For this I think I'm going to have to say this: 
I think that's pretty much self explanatory but in case its not. I love my Kindle. Not a Kindle Fire...Just a plain Jane Kindle and my little red cover with the cool mojo stand. I like it because I can carry lots of books with me and have them at my finger tips. I can also set it to read to me on my long drive home. It's my friend. I bought it for myself with the trade-in program (if you have textbooks you want to get rid of you should check it out). I love it. It helped me get through my mono days this year and it's always nearby to let me escape the mad world I live in. I love it because my make believe friends live in there and the worlds I would never get to visit are too. It also helps that when I need a break form getting lost or need a different distraction, there's a couple of games on there too. The built in dictionary helps too. Sometimes a word or two can mean so many other things and to be able to just click and get the definition is a wonderful thing. So while I know there are many other things in my life that might be more valuable, I treasure this the most at this moment, right here, right now in time. I don't know what I did before I got it. Oh yeah! I remember, I lugged books around and had stacks everywhere (Ok. I still have the stacks but you get the point) I love my Kindle. 

What about you? What's your most treasured item? 

1 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

I just got a Nookcolor and a Kindle in January 2012. I know what you mean about having your library in your pocket when away from home. I'm beginning to love mine also.

Post a Comment