31 Days in Pictures 2012: Day One


Last year (2011) I started the year off with a “31 days in pictures” self-challenge. Somehow, I got redirected to one of those old posts and thought why not do it again, a year later. Kind of like see where I am now and where I was. It’s always good to look back once in a while. 
So without all my usual babble Here we go...

Day One 2011 
and now 
Day One 2012
A current picture of me and 15 facts

Me at Christmas 2011
  • I graduated from College with an Associates of Arts in 2011. 
  • I love my job even though when people ask me what I do I simply say I answer the phone. 
  • I still bite my nails.
  • I turn 40 on February 25th and am looking forward to it. 
  • I think better without shoes on.
  • I want to go to Alaska before I die.
  • I have an irrational fear of dentists. (Even though I have the nicest one on earth) 
  • I sleep with my laptop next to me where most would have a significant other. (& I'm ok with that) 
  • I've never really feared being alone.
  • I love to eat frosting out of the container sans cake. 
  • I didn't start plucking my eyebrows until I was in my 30s.
  • I like that I’m not just like everyone else but sometimes wish I could feel more at ease trying to blend in. 
  • I've dated the same man for 11 ½ years but I’m the one that doesn't want to get married. 
  • I love bracelets even if they look tacky. 
  • I secretly watch videos on how to do eye makeup and up dos even though I don't wear much make up and seem to always clip my hair up. 


And that is me in a nutshell…well, no, not even close really but you get a small glimpse. Looking back at last year, most of what I wrote is the same. I just realized that of all the things on both lists, I only repeated one: The bare feet thing. I’m not sure why it helps but I can think and create better without the constraints of shoes. That has never changed. (By the way, I get that from my mom who used to hide her shoes as a kid when she left the house.) As for everything on last year’s list, they still apply. 

So that was Day One. If you want to play along I've list the topics HERE. Just link below or on the Challenge page so we can all follow along. 

Happy Reading everyone!
Cat

3 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

Oh. My. I remember playing along with you last year. It was fun.

Pat Hatt said...

Never knew thinking and shoes were related, guess now I know..haha

cleemckenzie said...

We have three things in common: bracelets, a being barefoot while thinking AND the A to Z Challenge. I'll be seeing you during the challenge, I hope.

Post a Comment