Not sweating the small stuff

I was looking forward to playing on here this evening but I've spent my evening throwing together a Spanish research paper I didn't realize was due...tonight. Thankfully it was on a cultural event and I had just heard something on the radio about a bull attack. Bingo! instant MLA styled research paper on the running of the bulls. Which is fitting considering I feel like I'm running with them only my bulls are deadlines. Work, school, household, kids, life. Everything is on a timeline and none of these seem to be working together to coordinate to keep me sane. Funny thing is, I've adjusted and there's no panic anymore - just a shrug of the shoulders, a deep breath, and carry on until the next thing comes along. So maybe I'm getting more than an academic education through out all this degree seeking madness. I'm learning endurance, patience, and definitely not to sweat the small stuff. Tomorrow's my day off and I'll spend it working on laundry, biology, grocery shopping, writing some reviews and working on some other writing projects. But best of all, I'll breathe in deep, smile, and enjoy the fact that this aging dog is learning so new tricks...not sweating the small stuff.


Sent from my iPhone
Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

Regina said...

I like the new look. It is looking amazing. I sort of updated mine not long ago because it was a little dark too. I like how you are making yours look. Some day I will really work on it and make it look fantastic...I hope, but until then.

I'm glad that you are not sweating the small stuff and enjoying life.

Post a Comment