Musing Mondays 9/27/2010

Musing Mondays is a bookish meme hosted by MizB onShould be reading.
This week’s musing asks…
If your book group asked you to bring two (2) suggestions for group reads to your next meeting, what two books would you suggest? Why?

The Last LectureIt's hard to narrow it down to just two. It's also hard to determine which Genre to pick. Since I'm in a self-reflecting mode I'll go with the Non-fiction, Better yourself, Spiritual Genre.
First is The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. It's a wonderful inspirational book about choosing your attitude and how to live your life no matter what's thrown at you. 
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want something badly enough. They are there to keep out the other people" 
— Randy Pausch (The Last Lecture)

Hide and WatchThe Second is my recent read, Hide and Watch by Jill Hicks Lawson. This is a quick but a powerful read telling the story of how God's plans aren't always so clear but in due time he makes them clear. Its also a wonderful story of the strength the author had to go through her mother's illness and come out blessed in the end.


(check back in the coming week for my review of this one; plus author interview and fun and a book giveaway)


PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your answer in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks

7 comments:

MizB said...

That's my favorite quote from Randy Pausch's book/lecture... when I watched the YouTube video of his lecture, I had to pause it to write that one down. It's soooo good! Great book, too!

~MizB

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

These sound good, and the quotes are reeling me in!

Here's mine:

http://laurelrainsnow.wordpress.com/2010/09/27/musing-mondays-sept-27/

CMash said...

I need to check out Hide and Watch. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Am now following you and look forward to your future postings.
CMash

Anne said...

Based on the quote and description, I'll be checking these books out, especially the second one. It reminded me of a line from the book I'm currently reading: "God's timing is perfect. It is never late."

My musing.

Cat said...

MizB I can honestly say that The Last Lecture enhanced my view on the quality of life I choose. There are soo many quotes in that book and the youtube video. I've got a review and a link on here for both.

CMash, Thanks for following. That always makes me feel special. =) And Hide and Watch is wonderful. I'm going to interview the author this week and trying to plan a fun week next week on here to give her book away. It's my first try doing this. I'm excited.

Lori said...

I never heard of either of these books. But, religion is always a hot topic for discussion. Here is my Musing For Monday

Yvonne said...

Some really good choices!

Post a Comment