Live Life to the Fullest 2011 "Challenge"

I've decided to follow the lead of one of my fave bloggers and participate in MizB's Reading Challenges. Starting October 1st through to the end of December 2011. Here's the premise:
For this challenge, you should…
* Think about what is most important to you in your life… is it your health? your family? your friendships? your career? ALL of the above?
* Come up with a list of 12-14 things you can do this year to make that (those things) a priority in your life (maybe one thing/focus per month?)… what can you start (or stop) doing to get the fullest enjoyment out of your everyday life? What would make you feel that you were living your life to the best of your ability each & every day?
* Keep some sort of journal to record your progress!
Since I've not slept all night I won't even begin to list my things to do this year or even consider my priorities until I have some serious REM action going on. But I am looking forward to getting to know myself better and keeping tabs on myself when comes to my self development and keeping an eye on what is truly important to me.


**UPDATED**
Still no sleep but here's my list. I'll modify it and fine tune it as the year goes on and as I change focus. I think to live a full life you have to make adjustments. 



Important things in my life: 
  • My Family
  • Grow closer to God
  • Education (obtaining AA & transferring)
  • Losing weight
  • Personal life (my personal life non kid personal life)
  • Write manuscript
What I can do or at least consider attempting:
  • Make time (any small amount of time) for alone time for each of my children each week.
  • Pray harder….more diligently
  • Work on full load of classes from  now until May. Prioritize to get this done!!
  • Make time for personal time other than school work or projects at least 15 minutes every day.
  • Go out once every month or two with a non-family member for fun stuff. (No work or school related activity)
  • Cut back on soft drink consumption.
  • Increase physical activity.
  • Write at least something every day. (This needs work. I have a project I’m working and I’d like to actually get the first draft completed and assembled by then end of 2011)

1.    
Category: 2 comments

2 comments:

Regina said...

I feel as if my list will be a lot longer than that and I will have to find a way to hold myself accountable to fulfilling it.

Cat said...

Oh Regina I know the feeling. I haven't even listed mine yet. We have until October 1st. I think I'll start slow. What do you say? You in? =)

Post a Comment