Musing Mondays 9/20/2010

Musing Mondays is a bookish meme hosted by MizB on Should be reading.
This week’s musing asks…
What makes you love / hate a character in a book?

I love imperfect character who come out on top (or at least near the top) after they've been through the mill but realistic. I like quirky characters too, klutzy, funny, kick butt but real. 
I don't like (I don't like the word hate) fluffy characters that come off sounding like an old Micky Spillane character. Plastic characters with little to no reality in them really make me lose interest. I also can't stand characters who find it necessary to jump in bed with every Tom, Dick, and Harry just to add juice to their story. Ug! 
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your answer in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks! 

4 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

I like your answers. I don't like the bed jumping characters either.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I can relate to the characters you described!

Here's what I wrote:

http://laurelrainsnow.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/musing-mondays-sept-20/

Lori said...

I think a flawed character is more realistic. Characters are like real people for me, it comes down to chemistry. Here’s my Musing for Monday.

Kate Scott said...

I totally agree! Here's my musing:
http://parchmentgirl.com/2010/09/20/musing-mondays-no-three/

Post a Comment