Musing Mondays



Musing Mondays is hosted by Should Be Reading. This week's questions is:

What does your bookshelf (or, what do your bookshelves) say about you to the people who come into your home?


My bookshelf, (yes singular), is overrun and has began to carry on a life of its own throughout my bedroom. It carries over to the floor to my headboard to my dresser and even the closet. I hide my books in my room because basically my reading is very personal to me. But truth be told I simply don't have room anywhere else in the room. What my shelve/stacks would say about me is I'm eclectic and a bit odd. I keep my favorite text books, books on history and real life crimes, there's a small amount of PNR but only two authors because I love them but not romance in general, plus the Terrie Blackstock section who I adore for bringing real people to Christan fiction and leaving out the Amish (nothing against Amish but Christian fiction doesn't HAVE to have a token Amish person, please) and the rest would be my TBR shelf that grows by the minute sometimes.I have an addiction to little whole in the wall mom & pop bookstores and love the smell of books. So if someone were to look at my bookshelf they'd really think I was on a genre roller coaster. That's fine to me. Like other avid readers, my books are my world and I don't expect anyone else to understand. I just like getting lost in the pages.

 PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your answer in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks! :D

4 comments:

Hannah said...

"I just like getting lost in the pages."

I have to agree. I think that that's the best part of reading!

Curling up by the Fire said...

I really like when you say "my book are my world" as it rings so true. I like to read as I like to immerse myself in someone else's world for a change and get out of mine. My husband has never understand my book fetish, but they I have never understood his tool collection, so we are at an impasse.

caite said...

they do start to take on a life of their own, don't they. my books are going to run me out of the house..lol

Cat said...

I saw a great site once that had furniture that doubled as bookshelves. They had chairs, couches, beds, stairs, everything you can think of and they were all bookshelves. That would be my dream furniture. ha! ha!

Post a Comment