Reading, Education, & Collecting Credit Hours...

My reading life may be grinding to a halt. I have two semesters remaining before transferring to my baccalaureate program. I'm cramming a nearly full time load on top of a full time job, raising teenage boys and a 20-year-old starting college with a learning "hurdle", and on top of all that, I have some must-do-before-winter home redos...replace rotted flooring...stuff like that.  So to say I have little time to read for fun is putting it mildly.

I do have some things to look forward to. Well, for my nerd wanna be side anyway. I'm taking an astronomy class that deals with measuring the things in the sky. Ok, so it borderlines on astrophysics but hey if I make it through it alive, I can truly say I'm on my way to nerd status.

The other thing I'm looking forward to is submerging myself in academia once again. I needed the break this summer but I can truly say I am ready to hit the books. It seems each semester my thirst for knowledge just grows and grows. One subject leads me to another. Each building the desire to absorb more and more. For knowledge is limitless and with knowledge my world feels limitless.

I have a running joke that I collect credit hours; after all, I have 221 credit hours(and growing) with no degree whatsoever. Truth is, I do love to learn..not just one thing or one group of things but all things. I have decided to focus most of my attention on the communication field. This will not stop me from pursuing my other interests...learning a foreign language, computer software stuffs, sign language, Appalachian studies, creative writing, ok, I could go on but no one wants to bore themselves with my lack of focus.

I'll get the sheepskin to prove I'm worthiness in some else's eyes. I'll carry on and earn more paper...as many as need be...but it won't stop me from following my heart's desire (or brain's desire as it maybe) and learn whatever I want to learn! 


((PS...Just realized this is my 100th post! I should have had a blog party ha! ha!))
Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

Regina said...

Congrats on the 100th post and hope you have a blog party later. I think it is great that you are collecting credits and building knowledge. You will find what you are looking for when you are ready.

Post a Comment