Musing Mondays 8/9/10

Musing Monday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. This week’s musing is


For this week’s musing, I’m going to try something a little different. I’m not sure if it’ll work, but we’ll see… I think it’ll be fun! It might take an extra minute than our normal MM do, but please don’t let that scare you off… I’ll go back to the normal format next week. 

Okay… so what’s going to happen is this: I’m going to ask a question today — as I always do for Musing Mondays — and the first commenter is going to answer my question on their blog (or in my comments section). BUT…

That first commenter also needs to ask a question (a different question) for commenter #2 to answer. So, commenter #2 (to Should Be Reading) has to go to commenter #1′s MM post and answer their question… plus pose a question of their own for commenter #3 to answer! And, so on.
Each participant to MM today needs to ask their own question for the next person to answer, in addition to answering the previous person’s question.
((Is this making sense? It’s kind of like a “round robin” sort of thing.))

You don’t answer ALL of the questions… just the question asked by the person who left a comment before you (or by me, if you’re the first one here to play in MM this week!)

Lastly, if you seriously don’t have the time to play it this way, just go ahead and answer my question as you normally would. But, I’d love it if we could try to do the round-robin thing. It’ll make it more interesting. 
Okay? Ready? Here’s MY question…
What element, if a book has it, will make you almost always read that book (and name a book –or books– that contain it)!((for example: romantic reunions))
Ooo! That’s a tough one…but I think it has to be if the book is a continuation of a series. I have two that I read because I have fell in love with the characters. The authors have built worlds that I’ve become addicted to. I like having that back history…makes me crave knowing the next part of the story and I find myself really caring for the fictions characters.
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 1)First would be Jeanienne Frost’s Night Huntress Series. I fell in love with her Cat and Bones characters and Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 1)the side characters who are now coming to life in spin off books based in the same world and same time as the original books which are still going.
The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's GuideSecond would be the Wardon herself, JR Ward. I don’t even know how I stumbled on Black Dagger Brotherhood but these fiction Vamp books really touch some part of me because she’s grasped the emotional side of dysfunctional heros.
Third on is nearly any series by Terrie Blackstock. Most of her books come in a set of four. You really get to know the characters. You build a relationship of sorts with them and each new book it only deepens.



Question 2: Do you judge a book by it’s cover and are you ever disappointed that the cover had noting to do with the story?
Wish I could say no but I have in the past. And yes quite disappointed that it had nothing to do with the story.I can't think of an example though. 
Now for my question, 
Do you have books you read that you are somewhat embarrassed to read in public or let anyone know you read, if so, what are they and why do you read them?
My answer: Paranormal Romance…vampires! I don’t know why but it’s like lacy undies to me. I like them but don’t want everyone to know I read them because in some ways I feel like someone is looking down at me or thinking I’ve jumped on the whole vamp bandwagon. Truth is I only read two series of them. But I still find myself hiding them from the people around me.

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your answer in a comment here (if you don’t have a bl0g). Thanks! … And,remember to go answer the question of the person who commented before you, then leave your own question for the person who comes after you! 

5 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Hmm I like what you say here! And I answered your question here:

http://readbookswritepoetry.blogspot.com/2010/08/musing-monday.html

Gigi Ann said...

There are times when I read a book, that I would rather others didn't see what I'm reading, not, that there is anything wrong with the book, I just feel like we all have our own genres that we prefer, and if others don't like the genres I read, than I wonder what they are thinking. I mostly only share on my reading blog, because I know we all understand the genre thing.

Happy reading, and I hope that answer made sense!

caite said...

embarrassing cover...brown paper bag book cover!
Not that I have ever had to do that. nope..lol

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

I usually don't mind if people see what I'm reading. However, I did read Vox on the train and I was wondering what people might have been thinking if they had heard about the book!

Anne said...

If it's not too graphic, there's no need to cover the book. =)

I love the Cat and Bones series too! Have you read the 3rd installment? I don't know what's the plot she's going to weave into that. I'm excited and hesitant at the same time.

Thanks fro dropping by my site. =)

I don't judge a book by it's cover, but a pretty cover always catches my eye. I usually read the synopsis. If it's interesting, I read it. But sometimes, the synopsis is also deceiving.

Post a Comment