31 Days in pictures: Day Five

Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory. 
Little Bit & Crisco many years ago
This is one of my favorite moments in life. There's really too many to pick from but this one stands out in my heart so well. Crisco is my oldest...the one on the right...he was two months premature and has had heart surgery and other aliments in life. The most obvious one is the gift of Tourette's and OCD. I know, how can that be a gift? You'll have to ask the big guy upstairs that question but to us and him it's a gift. He sees the world even to this day in a completely different way than we do and it's wonderful to see it through his eyes sometimes. This picture was taken probably twelve years ago. Little Bit is now very much a 13 year old with all the teen angst he can handle (and me for that matter). This was taken at their granny's house. Crisco always watched this silly old black and white VHS of Superman...the original cartoons. He wold always push that stool up and sit three feet in front of the TV and eat a snack. Little Bit was usually always on my tail skirt (he's a mama's boy). This day he ventured off into the opposite room (this room). I heard the sound of something scooting across the floor and witnessed Little Bit pushing my aunt's old wooden stool from the dining room into the living room next to his big bubby. He parked his little rear down next to his big brother with a cookie in his hand and watched TV just like his brother. They sat there together in silence watching the movie. It touched me so much. Mainly because even to this day, while the rest of the world looks at Crisco slightly different, his brothers from a very early age look up to him. They see the smart, loving young man that I see. As Little Bit says now, "Crisco is so cool. He's weird but really cool." This picture is just one in a million I have that shows how much I've been blessed. Thank  you Big Guy! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment