On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King


I finally finished On Writing by Stephen King; not because it's a long or hard read. I've once again buried myself with everything.

However, This is a great book for both the avid fan as well as aspiring writers. King gives a brief glimpse into his background and the road to becoming the writer he is today. He has a "pull no punches" approach to telling about his life, from his childhood being raised by a single mom to his battle with alcohol through to his recovery after his near death accident.

King also gives some great practical and realistic writing advice that really tops the chart of 'On Common sense'. Overall, this was a great read. One of the few books I've highlighted & underlined. It's a keeper that will be going on my resource shelf. I highly recommend this one.

Favorite Line: "I did it for the pure joy of the thing. And if you can do it for joy, you can do it forever."  -Stephen King, On Writing

1 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

Stephen King has been one of my favorite authors for a long time. He did a really good job with this book.

Post a Comment