Pining

I have so much I need to place my attention on at the moment. But I don’t want to. I don’t want to attend to educational issues or work issues. I don’t even want to think about the mess awaiting me when I get home. The cooking. The cleaning. The bills to pay. I just don’t want to think about any of that. I know I’ve brought it all upon myself but honestly, I just want to get to the writing; to the fun stuff in my head. To the worlds that want to get out. But atlas, I have to be a grown up. I have to tend to the work on my desk. The ringing phone. The emails that must be answered. Ugh. I don’t want to. I want to type out words that will take me to another place. A place that does not involve being responsible or tired or filled with duty. I have always enjoyed writing the words that float around in my head. But I must do the necessary things first and pine for my first love. I long for the day when I can sit over a blank page and let the internal world that surrounds me fill the emptiness...without interruption.

1 comments:

Regina said...

It is hard to find that balance between where we want to be and where we have to be. Pining is a great example explaining how you feel not being able to do what you love without having to take care of everything else first. Then by the time your are done with everything else, your day is almost over.

Post a Comment