The Lost Symbol by Dan Smith

I've never read any of Dan Brown's books. Yes, I've seen the movies. Reluctantly at first. After all, they were full of so much controversy I shied away. I don't like debate or disagreement. That's another story though.

I decided to tackle this one. The movies were good but sometimes, if you blinked, hard to keep up with. I wanted to see if I could follow along and I'm happy to say I did. Not only could I keep up, as with any reading, I found I could even get a step ahead but not enough to ruin the storyline.

Dan Brown is a wonderful story teller. It is, of course, the third book revolving around Professor Robert Langdon and his many historical symbolic adventures. The Lost Symbol is packed with historical myths and fact leading to fiction (vice versa as well). This book is loaded with information about the Freemasons and other secret societies, historical facts, and even a few mystical ones. Brown lays out a very intense storyline and even the twists and turns you see coming do not turn out the way you would have thought. The start could be a bit slow to some but it was good transition for me to go from one book to another - especially in a different genre. The characters are well developed and flawed. This is my favorite kind of character...especially in a hero. There were some nail biting moments and even one (without giving to much away) that caused me to put it down and walk away. Thankfully I returned and the twist was very much worth the agony.

I think I'll have to add his previous books to my TBR list. It was a pleasant and engaging change from some others I've flipped through. Overall, its a multi thumbs up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment