Being productive and Searching for my voice

Surprisingly, I've been rather productive today. Well, at least when it comes to writing. I had one of those moments where a thought comes to you so you write it down for later but then the pen keeps going? Yes, I had one of those moments. It amazes me how something like a small thought takes you to places not even close to where you started. At least its progress. Not that I'll do anything with it but purhaps it will become something one of these days.

I've been giving a lot of thought into my voice. Not my vocal voice - my pen voice, story voice, whatever you want to call it. My voice. The tone my stories give. I've noticed I write primarily two ways; either very deep and emotional or light hearted and humorous. I suppose that's justified coming from a bipolar brain. I'm just not so sure which way to pursue. I'm temped to figure out a way to merge the two worlds but really, I don't see that working either. They're two seperate worlds, in two seperate universes. My fictional writing tends to be more melodramatic while my semi-autobiographical material finds a lot of humor. That can also be justified since I see my life as very funny if not almost teasing. The only thing I know to do is continue to write what comes out of either the end of the pen or off the keyboard and continue to read everything I get my hands on. I'm pretty sure when I hear the voice I'll know it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment