Musing Mondays (June 6th)

The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between work and play. ~Arnold Toynbee 

Musing Mondays is a bookish meme hosted by MizB on Should be reading.
This week’s musing asks…
Where is your favorite place to read?

My first response? Anywhere there's a book. ha! ha! Seriously though I love to read sitting on my front porch. Living in the country has its ups and downs (pros and cons) whatever you want to call them but a definite plus is that I can sit on the front porch, listen to the birds sing and jabber with one another, the sounds of cows yaking it up, and feel the breeze (cool or warm), and sometimes listen to the rain as it drizzles on the metal roof and get lost in whatever book I'm into at the moment. I love to sit out there and read. 

Other times I like to sit up in my bed and read. I live with all boys. Yes, I still believe in cooties! So hiding in my "Brain Cave" is nice sanctuary from time to time. 

So where do you like to read? 
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your answer in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks! 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL, yes, sometimes I still think boys have cooties :)

Here's mine:
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/06/musing-mondays.html

shelly said...

The bathroom is my hide away. Either the in the tub or on the toilet.

caite said...

it was my first thought too...any place there is a good book! but then I mused a bit...

Ann said...

Your porch sounds absolutely idyllic. Just reading your description I could imagine it - perhaps that's an opening to a novel?!!

http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/06/musing-mondays.html

Anette said...

That sounds SO nice! I live in the north of Norway, and the weather is often too cold to be reading outside. But whenever the sun is shining I go outside to read :)
Here is my favourite place:

http://anettesbokboble.blogg.no/1307374349_musing_mondays__where.html

Hugs from anette

Hannah said...

I love to read outside. There is nothing like hearing nature, feeling the breeze, and enjoying a good book!

Cat said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one enjoys getting outside to read. Mom used to make me go outside when I was a tween and told me to do anything outside so I read...and still do.

Anonymous said...

Listening to the rain...love that too!
Here's My MM

Anonymous said...

Your porch sounds absolutely lovely, I have an ipod to provide background music when I'm reading, but having birds chirping seems to beat that! :)


Here's my Musing Mondays (June 6) post!

Post a Comment