Monday musings

It's Monday. It's Monday after a wonderful Easter weekend. I have to admit while I dreaded parts of the weekend it turned into a celebration beyond my desires. My son was Baptized, a good friend came forward and was saved, and my other half...my Lobster as he's called...came and was actually moved to the point of wanting to return to church. I'm not under any delusions though. It'll be a while before he's sitting beside me regularly in church. It'll still be a battle to keep him headed in the right direction but at least his heart was opened up yesterday. He's eyes were unblinded and he felt the presence I've been talking about. He heard it, he felt it, he knew it. That was the best Easter present I could receive.

Now its Monday and while I am still riding the high from yesterday, I am trying to focus on the here and now. The math returned. The work day has begun. I'm tired. I'm hurting. I'm struggling not to whine. All this is going on and I realize that the true reason I'm dissatisfied is because tucked in a manila folder in my bag between the Algebra and Psychology books is a bundle of pages with pencil marks and red pen scribbles that I want to pour my attention into. It's a part of me that is unfinished. The story put on hold for a reason I didn't understand before but have a more clear picture of why now. It is the story of the girl and the boy and the sanctuary she seeks in a tree. I want to pour over the pages, dig, explore, why is she so hung up on that tree? What is going on in her mind regarding him? and why does he humor her with the tree when he thinks it's just a tree? I have so many questions they need to answer for me. But I have to be in the here and now. I have to eat so I have to do my daily job. I want to be on that hill with them. I want to know what it is they both seek. But back to the phones, the emails, the homework in between. I'll visit with them soon. I'll find out their secrets and I'll share them with you. Until then back to the real world with sweet anticipation of returning to their world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment