Distracted regardless

I'm distracted. This is common. Usually I'm either distracted from the creative process, the writing, the getting the words down. Or, I'm distracted from the "work"-homework, housework, work work, life work. Either way I'm usually distracted from one and focus on the other. Today, this day, I'm distracted by it all. I need to be doing all of it. Well, I suppose I really need to be doing the work work, the school work, the house work, but I want to be doing the creative work. It's all right there at the gate crammed together so tight not one cell of any of it can break free to win their own time. My mind simply winds around and around at what it should be doing, what it wants to be doing, what it could be doing. The end results? Nothing. I have nothing to show for any of it. I haven't accomplished any work work, we won't even talk of the house work, the homework sets safely bound in its binder, and the story of the moment, the story that's been bursting to get out sets tightly tucked in the recesses of my mind. I can't accomplish anything because I can not let it all begin. Its the matter of which comes first? The Chicken? or the egg? At this point, I'm simply preparing a whole mess of scrambled eggs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment