Musing Mondays

Why not? I kind of told myself I wouldn't be doing any memes or try to write to please anyone but rather stay true to myself and my constant rambling about who knows what. However, I decided I WANT to do this meme because I love the question.


Musing Mondays is a bookish meme hosted by MizB on Should be Reading. This week’s musing asks…
If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away? 
 This depends on what I'm reading on. If I'm reading on my Kindle, I usually go ahead and click to look it up since it's as simple as scrolling and clicking (my favorite feature by the way). It also depends how much it effects the meaningful reading flow. If I can read through it and get the meaning, I'll just let it stew until I can go back and look it up without losing my place in time of the story. You know? When you just really get sucked into a story and don't even want to put it down to pull your pants up in the bathroom so you just keep reading and end up leaving the bathroom/reading room with a ring around the rump? Yep, we've all been there. If I can't make it through it without racking my brain for the meaning or if it takes away from the story by not knowing, then I'll stop to go find the meaning behind it all. 
So that's my musing. How about everyone else? Are you a word junky like me or do  ou just roll your eyes and press on? 

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your answer in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks! 

6 comments:

caite said...

a good musing...and I do like to Muse.
if I came across a word I did not know, it would have to be a critical word to make me leave the flow of my reading..don't ditract me when I am in my Other World, thank you.

shelly said...

Funny, I read in the bathroom, too. It's more of a discipline so I can read in peace and quiet. However, I haven't read anything in a month due to some unforseen family problems.

Kwizgiver said...

I like the Nook dictionary feature, it's handy. Your answer made me chuckle.

Vyki @ On The Shelf said...

I definitely look them up! I use my dictionary.com app on my phone. I even recently created a meme on my blog for spreading word knowledge :) I like to read in the bathroom as well, lol. Usually my legs go to sleep haha. My MM: http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2012/05/28/musing-monday-11/

Lauren said...

I also love that feature on the Kindle but I often forget about it. Here's my MM: http://bookyaddict.blogspot.com/2012/05/musing-mondays.html

Cat said...

I think the bathroom must be the most popular place to read. I mean if you think about it it's the ultimate multitasking opportunity. ha! ha! By the way I love old dictionaries and I have a few laying around so there is always time to look up something. But sometimes it's just as well to leave it be and read one.

Post a Comment