Last day of the year

Happy New Year's Eve to everyone!

Today is the day many get ready to ring in the New Year. Some take stock in the year that's been and plan the year to come. I'm not a big party person. New Year's has not been traditionally a pleasant one for me. I find it much safer and much more enjoyable to make a party spread for my family and stay inside watching movies and playing board. As for taking stock in my life over the last 364 days, well, I could learn a lot from it. Hopefully, I have. I could dwell on it but that would only cause a mental lashing that would warrant more meds and with prescription coverage going down and costs going up, I'll just avoid that if you don't mind.

I am looking forward though. I'm not a resolution person. I don't believe in resoluting to be a better person. (I know that's not a word but just go with it). I am a goal person though. I am a list maker. If I make a list and accomplish something on the list I get to cross it off, put a check by it, erase it, something. If I can do that then I feel like I've worked towards something and I've accomplished it. A check mark can do the soul so good. That being said, I've make about ten goals to work towards over the next 364 days...then I'll take stock in my life.

Here's what made the list:

  1. Grow closer to God...including reading my bible more than just at church.
  2. Get financially fit. Work up a budget and stick to it...for real.
  3. Get the house decluttered and organized. 
  4. Get physically and nutritionally fit. (I have a 5k to run next December)
  5. Learn to be more self sufficient. Garden more, learn to do some things without modern conveniences. That kind of thing.
  6. Help others more. Do community service, work at the food bank, RAK, pay it forward. 
  7. List three positive things daily.
  8. Write more...journaling & creative writing. (I miss it. I really do)
  9. Learn something new every month.
  10. Finish my degree.

Those are my top 10. I'm sure I could list another 10 or more but I don't want to get in over my head. This list is a hand full but they are things I really want to address over the next 12 months. I won't get them all but hopefully I can make a dent big enough to cause some change in my life and promote some growth in my life.

For everyone browsing by here today...I hope you have a wonderful and safe New Year's Even and an amazing 2011!

                                                                                                  

0 comments:

Post a Comment