Happy Post Thanksgiving

Sorry to be so neglective of this place. I've been caught up in that overwhelming thing called life. Haven't we all? I've been pretty down the past month or so. Between being overwhelmed by classes, work, kids, and the wonderful "down turn" of the economy, I've just felt that I was drowning. Atlas, I have seen the light...or rather, I've realized it's all good. Everyone is having it rough these days. One thing that I know is I can make it through anything. I was raised with a tight financial belt and I can make it. I've actually been having fun with it.

I'm so thankful for so many things and so many people. I have a wonderful family, home and job. This week I realized that while I do not have the money  I could use to buy the things my children and family want, I have been given some great crafty gifts to make things better. Yesterday I spent the day moving things around to make room for the Christmas tree. Yes I know yesterday was Black Friday. The day when all bargain shoppers hit the streets before midnight but I am not a natural born shopper and quite simply there are no shopping funds at this time. Honestly, that whole scene scares the holy snot out of me. It's turns the holidays into a contact sport.  Well, my two oldest and I moved furniture around; changing the entire dynamic of my living room...for the better.

I've found my inner DIYer once again. I've actually put pictures on the wall!! (I've lived in my house for 5 years with only two pictures and a shelf on my living room walls...ok one picture, a clock and a shelf) Anywho, if I can get my stiff body to move today I'm going to continue to peck away at my home getting it beautified for the holidays and for myself and the boys. I feel accomplished. I've also came up with a few diy Christmas things that I'll share in the days to come when I can get some pictures taken. Let's just say Google and I have found so many cute ideas using the things I've got in my craft box, kitchen, pantry, and yard. I'm like a kid in a candy store. hee hee.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend and staying safe. I'm off to rub some anti-pain cream on my sore muscles and back to decking the halls. God bless and stay safe everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment