To MIA post or to not MIA post...

Do I write yet another MIA post? Here's the condense version: 

  1. New position at work that is part of a large system wide pilot program..leaving little room to not stress or to eat lunch anywhere but at my desk. 
  2. Began my program at WKU taking intense summer classes that involved research and homework from the time I came home from work until I passed out in my bed. 
  3. I lost faith in what I came here to do. (this one is a work in progress)
  4. My son cabbaged my laptop most days leaving me with but pen and paper. 
  5. I don't know if I'm coming or going
  6. I'm a loser who didn't do it. 
I'm sure there's a few other issues in there that I could bore you with but I won't. I will say that I have enjoyed my summer courses at Western Kentucky University. I didn't realize how much  I missed academia. I know I needed the break especially after my lovely round of mono but a taste of knowledge, class discussion, and a research paper has made me thirst for more and more and more and...well, you get the idea. Fall session begins on the 27th...I've already got the plethora of books required for just one class (6 books total) and then a book for my biterm class. Even school books make me giddy! 



While I'm excited to be back in the game, I'm glad that there's a small break between my summer and fall classes. As some of you may know I work at a community college...which classes begin on Monday and my new position is in solution support for financial aid!!! It's a special kind of hell we work in. Exhausting and draining to say the least. It will be this way for about 2 more weeks and then class starts. I hope that somewhere in there I can find my way back here to share some kind of something...hopefully insightful or entertaining, or at least worth reading. 

So that's it for now. I have so much more to  say but you haven't done anything to be tortured that bad. 

So have a great Sunday and happy reading!

Cat


Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

shelly said...

I caught mono while I attended college, too. But I ended up with Hashaimotos disease b/c of it. Take care of yourself and listen to your body.

Hugs,
Shelly

http://www.shellysnovicewritings.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment