Confessions of a book hooker.


I've been a novice reader most of my life. I've never been excited about a book coming out. Usually I'm several years behind. (I have never read Harry Potter) When movies come out I know. When a new song is going to be released I know. But books were not my thing for a long time. Oh how the times have changed.

So I humble admit I have been counting down the days for the fourth book in the Night Huntress Series to come out (which is 2 days away Sqeel) I even prebought it. Never have I done that before but I have next weekend all planned out so I can read...read...read. I have finally found my place in my little nerd world. I knew I'd arrived when a close friend started call me a book hooker. Yes, I confess I'm now a book hooker. I can't have a conversation without talking about one of the many books I have near me these days. I could be doing worse things so I think being a book hooker is just fine with me.

While I'm not reading classic literature, I am enjoying my escape into a great world of make believe that entertains and lets me lose myself safely in the worlds of others. And what better way to spend all that time we wait for others than reading. I love it!

Sincerely,
The Book Hooker
Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment